Welcome to my Dynamics 365 Page, I am in the process of updating my blog site to make it easier for readers to find my previous content – this page will be under continuous construction!
Whilst I currently work for Hitachi Solutions Europe (UK), my role has evolved over the years that I have worked with Dynamics 365. Here are my views of the Functional Consultant role.
I am currently writing a series of blogs introducing readers to the Mobile Apps for Dynamics 365.
- Part 1: Introduction to the Dynamics 365 Mobile Apps for V9.0
- Part 2: Introduction to the Dynamics 365 Mobile Apps for V9.0
- Part 3: Introduction to the Dynamics 365 Mobile Apps for V9.0
- Part 4: Introduction to the Dynamics 365 Mobile Apps for V9.0
After the announcement of the July 2017 Release for Dynamics 365 – I wrote an article detailing the history of the Mobile Applications which can be found here:
App for Outlook
The following articles introduce the readers to the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook – based on V9.0.
- Part 1: Introduction to the App for Outlook – Dynamics 365 for V9.0
- Part 2: Introduction to the App for Outlook – Dynamics 365 for V9.0
After the announcement of the July 2017 Release for Dynamics 365 – I wrote an article about the Deprecation of the Dynamics 365 Outlook Client which would be replaced with the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook:
Try out the App for Outlook:
Dynamics 365 – July 2017 Release
In June 2017 – Microsoft announced the next release of Dynamics 365, this was known as the July 2017 Release (or V9.0). I wrote a series of articles detailing some of the key functionality being released in this version:
- Dynamics 365 – Multi Select Option Sets!
- (RIP) Microsoft Dynamics Client for Outlook (CRM/365)
- Unified Interface – Dynamics 365
- Activity Timelines in Dynamics 365
- New Mobile Experience & Unified Interface for Dynamics 365
Each Dynamics 365 implementation project I have been involved with is different from any I have previously been involved with. This may be:
- Project Size – Implementation Team or Number of days (some are measured in years!)
- Users – total number of expected End Users
- Bespoke Requirements – technical requirements of meeting a business process with varying levels of complexities
- Data Integration – information flow between 1 or more external systems
I have written a few articles which would help with delivering the project from the build phase to on going support of the Dynamics 365 system
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM: What tools should be in your arsenal?
- Factors which can affect Dynamics 365 Performance.
- OR Statement Workflows in CRM 2013, Spring Wave Release – New functionality
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 ERD Visio’s